Below an overview is given of all BioSB courses. For each course, a link is given to the full course information.
General information about the BioSB Education programme can be found here.
In addition, you may find a synopsis of the BioSB Course portfolio in the full Education Programme (pdf), where information is given about all courses, including coordinators, expected date and a short course description.
1- 5-days; once per year
Courses intended for novices. These courses can either be face-to-face or e-learning courses. The format differs per course. The course length ranges from 1 to 5 days. The frequency varies, but the aim is to have these courses at least once a year.
- Programming in Python
- Kick start R
- Programming in Matlab
- Discovering Systems Biology Principles
- eCourse Biomolecular principles of the Cell
- eCourse Modelling of Biological Processes
- eCcourse Elementary Calculus in Systems Biology
5-days; once per 2 years; 3 ECTS
Courses for PhD students and other researchers in bioinformatics and systems biology. The topics and themes in the core programme form a coherent curriculum. The courses have a format of 5 days, with additional extra work (before and after ) with a total study load of 3 EC. These courses will be offered once per two years.
- Pattern Recognition
- Managing and Integrating Information in the Life Sciences
- Optimisation Techniques in Bioinformatics and Systems Biology
- Multi-scale modelling
- Comparative Genomics: from Evolution to Function
- Protein Structures: Production, Prowess, Power, Promises, and Problems
- Algorithms for Biological Networks
- Quantitative and Predictive Modelling
1-5-days; at least once per 3 years
Other courses and workshops that do not fit in the above-mentioned categories. These courses may have a different format and be offered occasionally only. E.g. summerschools.
- Python course for Life Scientists
- Constraint-Based Modelling
- Exploring System Properties Using Various Modelling Approaches
- Systems Medicine: Modelling Epigenetics
- Metagenomics applications and Data Analysis
- RNA-seq Data Analysis
- Advanced de novo assembly and resolving complex genomic regions
- EPS Postgraduate course ‘Genome Assembly’
- NGS in Diagnostics course: Genome resequencing in a Medical Diagnostic Context
- Next-generation sequence data analysis
- Data Integration in the Life Sciences
- Life Sciences with Industry
- Biological Network Analysis
Note: the courses in green indicate courses in which bioinformatics and systems biology approaches are fully integrated.